• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Christmas Eve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, they love me at the German Hotels! When they have the quick 'Euro' breakfast of open face sandwiches with fresh strong coffee. Those platters full of cheese, the salami's and meats..big chunks of fresh butter..rye bread...mmmmm.. They give me strange looks as I eat 4 or 6 sandwiches! Yum! Kinda makes me feel like I'm at home. (German-Danish-French background)

I don't buy them at home, here, very often. I'd be super fat in no time. A fine Euro tradition. Ever seen a slim German grandmother? I rest my case.

valveitude said:

Time to break out the ribbon and glitter glue George :D . I think I just started a tradition tonight. My tube tree ornaments were a big hit, and since I have a ton of defective old tubes that were part of lot I bought some time ago, I think I'll be doing this again. I used an assortment of different tubes this batch..101's, 24A's, 80's ect. My favorites were the 24A's.

Casey

I once had an Arcturus 24; blue it was - would have looked nice I think!

7N7

andyjevans said:
Happy Xmas to everybody!!

Greets from a very wet London - what the French call "The Foggy Albion". (They also call us La Perfide Albion, but that's another story...)

Andy

It is said here (Haute-Savoie) that there are many English people around Chamonix.

A case of "Froggy Albion" peut-être?

Meanwhile, it is pretty cold here; we are fortunate that we do not have the thick mist that starts about 5km down the road, but the effect of the frost on the trees was stunning; as usual I left my camera behind - grrrr!

7N7

I once had an Arcturus 24; blue it was - would have looked nice I think!

I'm sure it would be stunning! Truth is even a bland clear ST looked good. It was fun watching the lay people in the fam marveling over the intricate metal work on the innards of the tubes that weren't completely siver'ed. The conversations ranged from "Grandpa" waxing nostalgic to my young sister-in-law wanting to know what hers did in it's previous life.

All in all it made a special evening even more so.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Here's a snap of the Arcturus 124 - note the genuine mesh anode!

7N7
my.php

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.