Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th December 2007, 10:39 PM   #11
KBK is offline KBK  Canada
diyAudio Member

I'm rebuilding my Outboard tube MC phono section! Whoo-hoo! Does Santa want to hear some rockin' tunes? You betchya!
Old 24th December 2007, 11:01 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Tunelab said : "At 6 PM local time it is about 80 degrees F outside (global warming?) and I was swimming in an unheated pool today."

Gosh...I, all the day, shoveled because I didn't want my old father and mother falled and wounded...for the eve's party. I put salt and sand and all this kind of stuff that help people being on their legs... Why Jacques Cartier went down few thousands miles !!!!...
I'm sick of snow....

Anyway, happy holidays everybody
Old 24th December 2007, 11:20 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Why Jacques Cartier went down few thousands miles !!!!...

Yeah, but for the 2 or 3 months of nice weather, we get 9 months of 100 degrees F with 90% humidity. No one wants to come here in August.

Quote:
Those silver'ed globe 101's look mighty pretty all gussied up
I have a nice looking pair of Canadian GE 45's that have open filaments due to my stupidity. Been saving them for 5 years.
Old 24th December 2007, 11:42 PM   #14
fauxpas is offline fauxpas  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Merry Christmas All

A very kind Russian person is sending me my Chrissy present. I met him on ebay, where all good people meet.

Old 25th December 2007, 12:09 AM   #15
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

What a coincidence! A very kind Nigerian gentleman, with whom I became acquainted by email, has promised me a generous present. Could run into millions! All I have to do is cover a few initial expenses, and soon I'll be laughing (or somebody will, anyway). Isn't the Internet wonderful?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!
Old 25th December 2007, 12:35 AM   #16
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
This year i'm out at the rent's, another good year Got my rusty laptop, my Heli radio so i can do some Training and practicing and i'm set :P

Hope every one has a safe night and rest of the week.

Remember no drinking and driving, call a friend or a cab, we need you here :P

Jase
Old 25th December 2007, 04:02 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I have a nice looking pair of Canadian GE 45's that have open filaments due to my stupidity. Been saving them for 5 years.
Time to break out the ribbon and glitter glue George . I think I just started a tradition tonight. My tube tree ornaments were a big hit, and since I have a ton of defective old tubes that were part of lot I bought some time ago, I think I'll be doing this again. I used an assortment of different tubes this batch..101's, 24A's, 80's ect. My favorites were the 24A's.

Casey
Old 25th December 2007, 09:50 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Happy Xmas to everybody!!

I finished my present to me last night - a 10Y preamp! This is so much better than any other preamp tube I've used - and I thought I'd hit nirvana with 31, 201A and 26!

So I stayed up until 2am - usual thing - going through CDs. Hearing stuff I didn't know was on the disc - as we all do.

And my 300b amp is built, with 46 drivers.

Just needs the DAC now, and that's pretty close. Tantalising! I can already imagine what's coming, and I expect it to be my best system yet.

Well - you have to do something to improve your system year by year! It would be nice to have a present of something, but since this is a DIY forum, I'm afraid it's all hard work!!!!!!!

Soldering iron off, getting ready for the turkey!

Greets from a very wet London - what the French call "The Foggy Albion". (They also call us La Perfide Albion, but that's another story...)

Andy
Old 25th December 2007, 10:49 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to soundbrigade
Haven't even fired up my valves/tubes, but we had a great Christmas Eve-supper yesterday (Christmas Eve is the BIG day in Sweden. Christmas Day is for sobering up ...)
Had a paltter with ham, salami and stuff from all over Europe:

Click the image to open in full size.

Together with a nice Chianti - Lamole Lamole 2004, bought in Firenze this summer:

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 25th December 2007, 10:51 AM   #20
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
And my 300b amp is built, with 46 drivers
I know 300B is supposed to be difficult to drive, but 46 drivers! Why do you need so many?

Quote:
(They also call us La Perfide Albion, but that's another story...)
These days, I believe, L'Albion Perfide applies specifically to the West Bromwich soccer team.

Hide this!Advertise here!