• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Mysterious UTC X-2806 / RCA 949426-2 Transformer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear all,

I have just located a big round beefy transformer (black in colour) with the following label: UTC X-2806 RCA 949426-2. It has 10 wiring taps at the bottom.

Despite my efforts in googling and searching thru' the UTC catalog, I can find no information about this. It appears that it is a UTC transformer specially made for RCA.

Any clues? Thanks for any information.

Best Regards,
TC MA

Sorry, it should be 8 wiring taps instead.

snoopyma said:
Dear all,

I have just located a big round beefy transformer (black in colour) with the following label: UTC X-2806 RCA 949426-2. It has 10 wiring taps at the bottom.

Despite my efforts in googling and searching thru' the UTC catalog, I can find no information about this. It appears that it is a UTC transformer specially made for RCA.

Any clues? Thanks for any information.

Best Regards,
TC MA

Wavebourn said:
1. measure DC resistances to figure out windings.
2. connect a sine wave generator through a 560 Ohm resistor to the winding with higher resistance and check what is going on on different frequencies.

First of all, do step #1 and report what you've measured.

Hi Wavebourn,

Thank you for your advice.

The DCR values of the 8 taps are:

1-2 5.6 ohm
3-4 0.1 ohm
3-5 0.2 ohm
4-5 0.1 ohm
6-7 0.2 ohm
6-8 0.4 ohm
7-8 0.2 ohm

Regards,
TC MA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.