• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Help me find some info please

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have posted here a few times, and I thank all who helped me, it was more that appreciated. However I now have a somewhat tube related question. I am trying to find some info on what I have now dubbed the "Western Electric Bible". It is not in very good shape, though it could be rebound and restored. I have searched all over and cannot find anything at all on it. It is a book, about 8" x 6" or so, and very thick. It is bound in black hard-bound but the front cover is gone. The cover held the name, and there are really no other markings on the first couple pages, it just starts right into schematics and info. The whole book is entirely on theater equipment made by Western Electric. It contains schematics, install info, tube info, Western Electric to RCA tube substitution info, just about any and everything dealing with Western Electric theater sound. It was acquired by a RCA theater tech who got the book, tubes, and what not when he took over the area. The previous and original owner was also a theater tech and worked with RCA and Western Electric. At the time that the book was passed on the original owner said to be careful with it, it was very rare, this was in the mid 60's. There is also some info added in on ERPI equipment.

Please I am looking for any info on this book, what it is, what it is worth, anything would be great. I want to get it restored but at the same time would like to know more about it. Any contacts, info, or ideas like I said would be very welcome.

Thanks a ton for the replies, and I will send an email to Mr. Millet. The ones listed on ebay though are different books. They are not labeled as volumes, and the ebay book is bigger and not quite as thick. It is probably similar material, but a different book. I will try to get some more information on it. It looks literally like a small bible, hence the name I gave it. Thanks a lot though again, starting to steer me in the right direction!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.