• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Teeco 1220??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there, thank you for reading my very first post!

OK, here's the quick and dirty version of where I'm at; I picked up my first valve amp last year for song as it was a mostly dis-assembled thing that some older American guy brought over with him to New Zealand (where I am) and he obviously didn't get around to finishing off the project.

I took it on, and finished the job by simply building a new power supply (to work with 240V/50Hz supply) and replacing all the broken bits (capacitors, new valves, etc...). It's worked fine, but having used it for about a year now, I have grown to want to make my own amp with the characteristics that *I* decide should be there! So that's where I'm going.

However, in the meantime, I am curious to find out if anyone can tell me anything about the amp I have now? Assuming it's got the original circuit in it (no guarantees) the casing says that it's a Teeco 1220. Searching everywhere I can think to look has given me zero information about this thing, and I was hoping that somebody here might know something about this thing. Anything, really.

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.