• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Jolida JD 502A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I found a used Jolida JD 502A for 600$CAN and I'm wondering what you guys think about this tube amp ? Does it worth the money ?

Also there is a used Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD for 800$CAN that I'd like to use with the Jolida.

What you think of this system ?

Thanks,

REALFLEO

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
REALFLEO said:
I found a used Jolida JD 502A for 600$CAN and I'm wondering what you guys think about this tube amp ? Does it worth the money ?

In good working order yes. Actually a really good price.

Also there is a used Musical Fidelity A3.2 CD for 800$CAN that I'd like to use with the Jolida.

I know where there is a new one with waranty for not much more than that.

This would make a nice system... i wouldn't be able to keep my hands off the underside of the amp thou. Triode wire, less feedback, better coupling caps at a minimum (this is what happened to our similar (EL34 version) Jolida

dave

Jolida seems a good deal

Hi

I'm pretty new in tube business but I really think the Jolida seems a good deal at this price, especially if she's in good shape.

Don't know about cd.

There in Montreal, you sure have a lot more choices for second hand stuff, than me, here in my little town.;)

Good luck

rt

There in Montreal, you sure have a lot more choices for second hand stuff, than me, here in my little town.

Yea, but Quebec City is a cool place. At least 30+ years ago when I was there. Hung out in the old city. Had the best onion soup ever! Like to go back some day. Maybe stay in the Chateau Frontenac this time. Way up high and see the view.

Victor

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
TubeHead Johnny said:
For $600, you can build a much better amp from scratch!

You could, but you'd need to know what you were doing and you wouldn't be able to listen to it tomorrow. (for under $200 we have built a better amp than the Jolida (althou with far less power). These need to be thought of as pre-built kits (ie all the pieces are there, wired together and working but jsut screaming for some under the hood work.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.