• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Unofficial Tube Market Survey

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Which tubes would you all like to see in production again? Hopefully someone will take notice of this and try to get article in audio mags and drive a new market for replications of classic tubes. For my own part, I would love to see some new 01A and 6A8G production. The 01A could be used by the audio crowd and the antique radio crowd. The 6A8 was an extremely common converter used in many radios. Incidentally, it also is useful in making small homebrew AM transmitters- but it costs about $20 to get one if its in stock. What are your guys' choice for repro tubes?

Some 8233/E55L's in a octal base. (I know...I'm dreaming)

SY wants T160L

Isn't that the heavy duty 811 also known as a 572B once made by Waters. Penta sells a Chinese 572B with a carbon plate that's basically the same thing, although probably not the old Waters quality.

Victor

Attachments

• 572b.jpg
    572b.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,104
HollowState said:
Some 8233/E55L's in a octal base. (I know...I'm dreaming)

Isn't that the heavy duty 811 also known as a 572B once made by Waters.
Victor

That's what I thought.

Pretty sure the last Cetron 572B's I had were dual marked as T160L. I think I may still have some Amperex 572B that are dual marked as T160L.

Win W5JAG

More effort into new stuff such as a thoriated 2A3 and 300B . Low Ra triodes with thoriated spiral filaments and radial anodes like the big old Eimacs would also be nice . A Sovtek 45 would also be a winner if their 2A3 is anything to go by . As well as valves , decent reasonable priced sockets .

cheers

316a

I'll take any solid reproductions of the old audio faithfuls - KT88, 6550, etc - provided the cathode chemistry is up to snuff. Not sure how the new 'reproductions' stack up in that department - but I don't see many people paying the big $$$ a 'real' reproduction would take.

Other than that, the oldies need reproduction - 71A, 45, 10, 50, 26, 27, etc - and not just for us - but all the antique radio guys.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.