• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

the OTHER tubes forum=yuck!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
"tube rolling"

I once asked about the origins of the term "tube rolling" but I believe 316a's picture answers my question... (Uuugh.)

I too, am a refugee from AA, attracted by the higher standard of vitriol. Correction, logically reasoned arguments. To which I will add that the ECC82 produces 13dB more irreducible distortion than a 7N7. And it's probably more expensive!

Bas Horneman said:
LOL..

That is one place I would not want a vacuum..!!!

One a more serious note..apparently Joe had a nasty car accident.

Cheers,
Bas

Joe, his pushbike and a car had a major altercation, that I beleive did him some serious damage. It was about 2 years ago, and he spent a long, long time recovering. His recent rare posts have shown that it didn't hurt his mouth or wit one bit.

I hope ol' Flingpoo is just busy, or taking a break, and not having further difficulties.

Any list of AA Tube diy would be remiss without mentioning Kurt Strain...(deleted pun about strained relationships)...glad to see that he's starting to post again.

Sorry to hear about Joe Rosen - I know that, somewhere, there's a silly useless vehicle(driven by someone with a cell phone surgically attached to their ear) with my name on it.:rolleyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.