• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Yaqin mc10L

just had a look and perhaps the printed placement indicators gives direction ;)

capdirections_zps633f53a1.jpg

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
These are the connecting leads from the pre amp PCB to the power PCB, just follow the PCB traces from the caps to these as they leave the pre amp PCB.

That should show you the direction they need to be.

Attachments

• 20130106_154215_zpsb17b7fb9.jpg
    20130106_154215_zpsb17b7fb9.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2007
I'm not sure how much worse it would sound if you did get them around the wrong way, It's just that they are said to sound better with the foil end of the cap at the output, this is normally indicated by the direction of the writing, in the end that the writing starts, and out the foil end where the writing ends.

As I understand it anyway, unless i have it *** about.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Sorry, you would need to refer to the makers literature for the board/build, as I can't see anything in that pic.

I can't identify any positions where caps are needed?

Apart from the two electrolytic caps, they all look like surface mount caps, indicated with the "C" prefix on the PCB like all those near the output.

Last edited:
About to order the caps when I realised I've got a tiny little D class amp not used in years in need of caps - it hasn't got any ! Any idea what value I should get please, then I may as well order all at the same time :)

IMG_2377_zps004fe019.jpg

You would put the capacitor right where your DC supply voltage comes in (screw terminals at the upper left in this picture I think). There appears to be only one voltage for this circuit so you'd need only one cap. Try a 0.1UF at 2X your rated supply voltage (typically 18V for these D amps).