• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

How Would You Change This Soildstate Circuit To Tube

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
HOW WOULD YOU CHANGE THIS SOILDSTATE CIRCUIT TO TUBE??
ALSO IAM NOT SURE WHAT TUBES TO USE I can only go as high
13.5 v and -13.5 v I would like to keep the circuit with same out put leval and input leval this preamp section is for a guitar

Attachments

• soildstate.jpg
    soildstate.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 206
Well,
It would be best to alter the power supply so you get +27V instead of +/- 13.5

check out these tubes that run on low voltage:
http://www.duntemann.com/12vtubes/12vtubesindex.htm

There is also a subminiature called a 6088 that will run on low voltages. But, the 6088 can only be used as a gain stage, it wouldn't make a good output buffer.

prorms said:
HOW WOULD YOU CHANGE THIS SOILDSTATE CIRCUIT TO TUBE??
ALSO IAM NOT SURE WHAT TUBES TO USE I can only go as high
13.5 v and -13.5 v I would like to keep the circuit with same out put leval and input leval this preamp section is for a guitar

That's not difficult at all. You could use something like a CCS loaded 6SF5 for gain, a trioded 6AU6 for the output cathode follower (or a 12DW7 that includes a high-u triode for gain and a medium-u triode for the follower) and add gNFB to set the closed loop gain. If it's essential to keep the noninverting aspect, then use a 12AX7 to make a differential, along with the cathode follower and add the NFB.

If you need to keep the Vo down, then simply tap off the cathode follower's Rk.

To start with, the solidstate design you posted is horrible. I wouldn't try to copy it with tubes. Secondly, to copy it with tubes would be a whole lot of work.
What you actually want to do is design a tube circuit that performs a similar function. But again, it's a horrible design.

What are you trying to do? What function do you want this circuit to perform?

Rereading your post I see you did say what you want.

This design has a gain the increases with frequency at 6db/oct until it equals the open loop gain of the opamp. It also has a very low input impedance (0 ohms, only the reactance of the capacitor). You'd be better off to find a already made tube guitar pre design, there are thousands out there.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.