• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Point-to-Point, Pointers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yeh. Fair enough. I'd be interested in any results you get. If I get to "The Big City" one day I'll see if a uni' library has magazines with DIY stuff going back to the '60's where they actually spell this sort of material out for newcomers to the valve scene. For instance the UK "Wireless World" from that era would be a start and I imagine "Audio" in the States is another. Here in Oz we have a good local one so I might make that a holiday project in the new year. Just takes time...... Jonathan

Apply a logical approach to layout.
Even if it doesn't look beautiful - if your logical - it will still sound beautiful.

My PP builds still look like rats nests (though they are getting better), but I now rarely have any issues with hum or oscillation and I run a sensitive system.

Shoog

Disabled Account
Joined 2006
rwellerson said:
Hi all,

Well I do my "P to P" boards this way, as shown below: there is a lot of tinkering, ultra high patience on this but in the end the results are fine.
No noises, no hum and optimum strength for all supported components.
And excellent sound.
I use a 2mm fenolite board (with tag strips) just below the amp's top plate.
The board is supported on aluminum L shapes fixed to sides/front of the chassis.
You can see many other details and projects at:
http://vacuumtuberesearch.multiply.com/

[ ]s
Ricardo

Ricardo, your work looks excellent.

And now an example of the wrong way: (about half way down the page) http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/supratek3/dualcabernet.html

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.