• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Interstage X-former identification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Atleast that's what I think they are. I removed a pair of these EI60 size Philips transformers from valve studio gear. Below are the data of my measurements (every ounce of info I could extract using a simple multimeter):

-- Three primaries: DCR = 17ohms / 14ohms / 157ohms

-- Three secondaries: DCR = 1020ohms / 915 ct 1141 ohms

Impedance and turns ratio's are as follows (determined by applying ac and measuring):

Applying a voltage to one (no matter which) of the primaries gives a voltage seven times higher on each of the secondaries (no matter which)
--> imped. ratio 1:7 / turns ratio 1:2,6

--- Depending on which primaries I connect in series and in what order, these additional impedance // turn ratio's are available:

1:6 // 1:2.45

1:3.25 // 1:1.8

1:2.3 // 1:1.5

The last of these options seems fit for interstage duties. In this configuration primary inductance is 9Hy (measured with simple multimeter). Any educated guesses if these trafo's are air-gapped?

Applications I can imagine are SE--> SE interstage / SE --> PP interstage (phase-splitter) / both previous options but parafeed / PP --> PP interstage (doesn't seem very interesting).

Any thoughts about these things or applications would be welcome; for now I'm thinking of using them as phase-splitters driving 6080's in a shoog-style amp.

Thanx!

Simon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.