• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6AG7 UL Curves

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

tracing UL-curves is not a big deal per se, but picking a suitable operation point for any UL ratio in advance (before doing the tracing) is. But some experience helps, especially if one has the trioded curves already.

Sadly, I don´t have any thrustworthy 6AG7 (or 6AK7) in the drawers.

Regards,

Tom

P.S: Among others, some of my UL tracings you can find here. F.e, have a look at the ECL82 set of UL tracings to see how critical the OP (Ea, Ia, Eg1) can be when it comes to chose on an UL ratio.

Thanks for the very informative page! I didn't know you were Tom - you post on AA now and then, right? Anyway I'm kind of putting aside the 6AG7 project at the moment, in favor of a PP 6S19P amplifier.. As good as pentodes in UL can sound, I've been bitten by the triode bug.

The problem is, I should probably load up on 6S19P's before finishing this project, because as far as I know, this will have been the first project to implement 6S19P's in push-pull accessible by Google. And that means price hiking! Within a year or so I've seen the prices of those Russian PIO caps skyrocket on eBay, they know what they're doing :hot:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.