• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6n6p amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does any one know of a simple output schematic for this tube?
I searched on the net and it didnt turn up much.

has anyone used them and how did they perform?

I have aquired a small quantity and was wondering how much power I could get out of two tubes a side in push pull (i think it would be about 7W)

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Very nice, I had already found James Doddingtons design posted on U tube, but I could not get a clear screen shot of the schematic.

The 6h30 it 6h6p schematic looks like an interesting amplifier to build with its transformer coupling.

I have a bag full of mic imput transformers 600ohm to 10k ohm ct, hopefully I can throw in a pair back to back for the driver stage and use one as an imput.

It looks like a 6n6p needs a 5k-7k plate load from the schematics posted above. ( a bit like a pentode)

My understanding/ misunderstanding was that triodes have lower plate impedances and this meant output transformers ranging from 1k-5k.

Interesting...

OPT impedance affects damping doesnt it?

As this amplifier is an experiment i think i will use a small 100v line transformer as the opt device, getting even cheaper would be to use a small power transformer as an output transformer.
But has anyone had luck with this?

As id imagine the Lf response would be good but the upper end 500hz and up could suffer a lot.

If these slack ideas fail ill build it properly the second time around, ill never know untill i try it.

Cheers,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.