• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Output transformer wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am rather seriously looking for a Partridge Williamson output transformer with UL taps, to partner an existing one.

They came potted in a metal enclosure with slightly convex sides, parallel top and bottom, ceramic terminals. Size about 14 x 12cm, by 10cm high. My existing one is gold coloured, but that is not serious. It would however be of great value if the original Partridge sticker on one side is still in place.

Thanks

Thanks Rich!

Yes, I fear that the cost may be high, therefore I would only (possibly) do that for an original.

I have in fact a similar Gardner potted power transformer that I can "de-case" to get an enclosure for a replica. We also have good winders locally; the design and making of such is thus not a problem. I guess I am a little sentimental about an original plus badge, that is why I am trying. But common sense might dictate that I go the way of a replica (local).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.