• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

want to build a pentode driven drd 2a3!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi folks,

i would like to build a pentode driven drd 2a3 or 300b, just like the one thorsten have but with e180f as the driver, as i have a quad given to me. im wondering if there is a schematic laying around on some of the threads. im fairly a newbie in ellectronics and tubes but i have built quite a few amps from schematics with parts list up until 400v.

will you guys be able to also specify the ps transformer and chokes if possible hammonds?
i would also like to use elctraprints for the plate chokes.

i already have some parts which are listed below.

transcendar 3k or 5k opts at 150ma
tj 2a3
tj 300b
e180f

thanks in advance!
ivan

i would expect that you would need to resistively load the pentode and not inductively load it as typically done. Inductive loads and pentodes typically lead to very odd results.

the simple tasks is to find a pentode that is happy with the load it gets when you divide current by the needed bias. (10ma of current and a 45V bias would require a load resistor of 4K5)

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.