Russian L3-3 tube tester - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th August 2008, 10:27 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Default L3-3 manual in English

Anyone had the chance to get the English language manual sine last year? Thanks.
Old 22nd October 2008, 10:10 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to NickolasB Send a message via MSN to NickolasB Send a message via Yahoo to NickolasB
Hi there.

Week ago I received this tester from suppler (it new and not tested, but have some corrosion)
Please advise - how to prepare it for work? I already opened both covers for checking and already change one dead 6P1P-EV (with white head)
If possible step by step....

Old 11th November 2008, 08:40 PM   #23
Seraph is offline Seraph  United States
diyAudio Member

I too have just acquired an L3-3 NOS Circa 1983. This is a nice instrument. The need for a manual in English is great. Does anyone have the basic instructions to set up and check the tester to make sure it is working fine?

This tester too has a mild dusting of corrosion over most of its internal parts. It does not look too bad but would be good to clean. Does anyone know of a good way to clean this form of dust-like coating of corrosion?

The meter movement has a slight stickiness that relieves when I tap on the meter frame. I suspect this may be due to minute specs of corrosive dust on the inside wall of the cylinder at the base of the meter in which the meter mechanism rotates. Does anyone know of a safe way to clean/recondition a meter mechanism short of microscopic surgery? It would be nice to use a safe aerosol cleaner, like a tuner cleaner of some sort that would not damage the delicate meter coils (enameled winding) but flush the corrosive grit out.
Old 11th April 2009, 08:36 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

I have translated a good portion of the manual. Has anyone completed the calibration procedures? If so, was it accomplished as advertised? I'm having a problem with the last part, specifically the slope alignment to 450 mV. Can some info be provided.
Old 19th April 2009, 10:32 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

I too am interested in an english manual for the l3-3
help needed
Old 19th April 2009, 08:42 PM   #26
Cobra2 is offline Cobra2  Norway
DIY !
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cobra2
Me too...

Arne K
Old 2nd July 2009, 04:59 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

I have translated most of the manual. Do not have the appendix's completed, nor do I have a complete copy of them. Had to use more than one manual to get the most accurate infomation as far as calibration proceedures. Used two different Russian and one German manual. Also the found a PDF file of all the tube test cards. The great thing is the test cards are to scale and can be printed, laminated and holes punched and it would be ready for use.

I have calibrated mine. So, if someone has a calibration question, I should be able to answer it. To fully calibrate, you will need at least an Audio Oscillator, Load resistors and a multimeter that can also check frequency.

I do not have a enough posts to send email to those who want the translated version. You will have to email me so I can send it to you. Hope it works that way. The files are 60MB or more total.
Old 2nd July 2009, 08:39 AM   #28
Cobra2 is offline Cobra2  Norway
DIY !
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cobra2
Good news!!!
Please enable mail-option in your profile, so we may contact you!

Arne K
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:22 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

as Im a new and infrequent user I cant send you email .Im interested in the english translation.
Old 2nd July 2009, 05:49 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

apart from english translation does anybody know how to test a 6C33C tube in this tester ? can it be done?

Hide this!Advertise here!