DIY Sofia tube tester?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As this tester has been out of production for years has anyone considered copying one?

The software is still available (freely) so building the hardware should be worth it, assuming there is no code in the box.

I haven't been able to find a schematic or a pic of the inside of one so it's a longshot.

You may have missed my point...

The software for teh Sofia is established and free to download. I installed it on my PC.

The hardware has been said to be "simple" in several sources. If there is no special code on a prom then it's a simple matter of copying the hardware. As long as your sodlering skill is good it sounds like an easy project.

artm said:
You may have missed my point...

The software for teh Sofia is established and free to download. I installed it on my PC.

The hardware has been said to be "simple" in several sources. If there is no special code on a prom then it's a simple matter of copying the hardware. As long as your sodlering skill is good it sounds like an easy project.

If I had a schematic, I would make one.

Anyway, have you seen this:

http://www.geocities.com/dmitrynizh/plate-curve-tracer-acpc.htm

Much simpler and with no DAC's.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.