• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Great bench supply for tube work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
My ex-wife worked for UPS for a while, and I got to see one of their freight forwarding centers, and no lie, there were conveyors that ended in free space with a drop of up to 6 feet to the receiving area below. I even saw a few packages come falling off the end of such a conveyor. I was just stunned..

Just imagine what that would do to a $2K pair of NOS/NIB WE300B even well packed. :xeye: :xeye: :xeye:

Standard air-mail parcel in Europe i.e 10kg will set you back around £80 ($160) for 500 Miles i.e one way as the crow flies.. That's a rip off considering a return passenger flight with a body weight of 100kg can easily be done for this. Freight does take handling but this price hike in such an excess is no excuse.
Seems the price watchers have missed. The snail mail companies will tell you they are loosing head over fist. Howcome ?

richj

gearheaddruid said:
the supplies are constant voltage, constant current, or constant wattage. The norm seems to be 0-3000 volts with a max output of 300 watts. There are lots of them on Ebay for under 100 dollars.
I use mine for checking/reforming capacitors also.

A 300W 3kV psu capable of suviving short circuits on any bench application is worth looking at. However 100mA is a bit low for me. For $100 I would buy two and redesign front panel for sep screen supply with all the clocks too. I use sim but with neg grid bias supply thrown in. 500V is enough.

richj

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.