• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Battery bias?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
MARTIN?

Hi,

Excuse me..Martin B.?

Peanuts...

I put the man on the map....he's a joke, doesn't know the first thing about valves...

Hold on....
I'll make a few calls tomorrow and you'll have real figures.

For historians,MB was my very first customer and because of him I spent 10 years in the valve business...

Small world indeed,:rolleyes:

Re: MARTIN?

fdegrove said:
Hi,

Allow me to cross check worldwide stock on these tomorrow...Tens of thousands may be a little over the top I'm afraid.

If possible at all, you'll get an updaate on the history of these types.

Cheers,;)

fdegrove said:
Hi,

Excuse me..Martin B.?

Peanuts...

I put the man on the map....he's a joke, doesn't know the first thing about valves...

Hold on....
I'll make a few calls tomorrow and you'll have real figures.

For historians,MB was my very first customer and because of him I spent 10 years in the valve business...

Small world indeed,:rolleyes:

316A is absolutely correct; all you had to do is make a phone call and Billington would send you free of charge a 6CH6/EL821

"Possible Audio Type" is the phrase they use I think!

Now for them to be giving stuff away, there must be more than I few about I think. I had one (I think I gave it to 316A!!)

7N7

Valve stocks

After making quite a few contacts in the UK I can honestly say that for some types such 6CH6 , there are vast quantities . Same goes for Mullard M8162 , I believe the RAF has just released over 100,000 of the things ,more than enough to fill every Fender amp ever made perhaps ? Heaven knows how many E92CC (used in flipflop circuits?) are out there , I have box loads myself , same with EF91 , 6AL5 , the UK government must have wasted soooooo much money . All of the M8136 and M8137 have now gone . It's the oddball types that there really are huge quantities of and some real bargains can be had . For example 12e1's , in various outlets across the globe these can be picked up for as little as $10 / 7 pounds each , a case of '500 quid all-in and you can fill your car with them' . I heard that Langrex had a rather impressive 'wall' of 12e1 a while ago . Same goes for STC 5B/255M . Nobody really uses them and it is a real shame , far better than all this poxy Ei / Reflektor new production which never tests to book specs .

316a

diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
EL822

Hi,

As promised I made a few calls this afternoon regarding this nice little penthode.

My "Deep Throat" guy confirms me that there are indeed tens of thousands of these valves around and there is little or no demand for them.

If anyone requires quantity quotes on these or is interested in a group purchase,just let me know.

Billingtons would describe an ME1403 electrometer triode as a "potential audio type" if they thought it would sell a few more units!

My thoughts exactly.:nod:

Cheers,;)

Re: EL822

fdegrove said:
Hi,

As promised I made a few calls this afternoon regarding this nice little penthode.

My "Deep Throat" guy confirms me that there are indeed tens of thousands of these valves around and there is little or no demand for them.

If anyone requires quantity quotes on these or is interested in a group purchase,just let me know.

My thoughts exactly.:nod:

Cheers,;)

Frank,

I am not a man of means but if anyone is buying EL822s, put me down for half a dozen - they will never be made again (this latter observation has been my ruination!:rolleyes: )

7N7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.