• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Looking for a PCB / kit for a bipolar tube rectified PSU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone! I originally posted here

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1274416#post1274416

looking for some power supply recommendations. Since, I've decided that I would like to try a tube rectified PSU. Please see the above link and the links contained within for details on the project. I would really like to use a PCB for the project if at all possible. Any recommendations? I'm looking for something rather simple that would output +- 400 VDC.

+400 and +800 could be done more readily, though is much more dangerous than +/- 400.

I dont have any negative versions handy, but heres an illustration of a bridge rectifier done in tubes to show why Im a bit dubious of any simple project. 2 of the diodes cannot be a duodiode.

299401354_96ec8cc820_o.jpg

Re: Re: Looking for a PCB / kit for a bipolar tube rectified PSU

Geek said:
Hi,

I have a PCB that can do hybrid or SS of what you need (though not bipolar all-tube).

Would it help?

Cheers!

maybe this would work, although again I'm not sure. You allow for using a full wave rectification. In my case, would using two diode tubes allow for more current that paralleling the 2 sections of a full-wave rectifier as a diode? I guess this is part of my confusion. If the full wave rectification would work, then yes two of your boards would work quite nicely!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.