• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6h30 dac output circuit wanted..anyone?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
6H30

Hi,

First of all,let's take a look at the datasheets:

6H30

The tube has the same pinout as the ECC88/6DJ8/6922.

So for use as an output stage in a DAC you will see that is very well suited,it takes higher plate voltage than the 6922 and will have lower output impedance too.

Circuitdiagrams using this type will be extremely rare since the tube itself is so hard to come by.

However you can use existing diagrams using the 6922 family of tubes and adapt these to take the 6H30.

Have a look at it while I try to unearth some schematics for you to try.

Cheers,;)

tube

hi frank,
i have no problem in building if to follow according to a circuit.

have look at the link that u have provided..thorsten circuit looks promising..guess i will follow his circuit...

so all i need is to build thorsten circuit and plug in a 6H30 tube in it..will there be any problem? ofcourse power supply is a different story..thorsten circuit uses one tube perchannel

>can i use my preamp 5687 circuit but uses 6h30 tube as dac tube output?

>thank u.

rgds,
tone

here is the answer

:nod: Perugini made this design:bulb:

Attachments

• jaap_dac.gif
    jaap_dac.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 866
diyAudio Senior Member
Joined 2002
6H30

Hi,

Perugini made this design

Jaap,

Can you tell us more about this circuit?
Where you found it and what it was designed for etc.,please?

Tone,

There is little point for you to start building anything at this stage yet.

All,

Is a de-emphasis always used on DACs?
I can't recall having seen one on the Sheldon Stokes design...if one is used,is it always the same passive circuit?

Obviously I am no Digital Wizzkid,:scratch:

TDA1541A S1 Pcb layout.

hi all,
work out the pcb today..four different file, attach it together...Messy!!

>Receiver/digital coupler/kusunoki Asy-clock/Dac.
signal hard-wire with silver wire..output stage not yet..

Attachments

• invertedcolour.jpg
    invertedcolour.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 666
the perugini design

is indeed the analog stage after the dac chip and it uses the 6H30. This was the question.
The pot at the front is for the i/v conversion. After you have tried it for the right resistance you can exchange it for a normal resistor.
I have tried this design and it has a very neutral character, I had no complains, it works fine.

Jaap

Re: Re: Volume control

Joel said:
I don't know what you mean by "current voltage conversion".

Joel, some DACs output a <i>current</i> that's proportional to the digital input. The TDA1541, PCM63 and a number of others are current output, whereas many others are voltage out. These Vout models use feedback around an opamp to do the I to V conversion, with the opamp being built onto the chip substrate.

In this case the pot, or a resistor will generate a voltage from the current output of the DAC, which is then amplified to a suitable level. Iout DACs put out less than 2mA for 0dBFSD.

HTH

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.