• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Make a preamp with an already buil amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello everybody

Can you help me to take the audio signal in my amplifier to an output RCA for just
préamp (no power signal).

My amp is

For préamp 2 X 6n3 tube
For amp 4 X EL84 tube

Where can i take the signal (on the two 6N3 ?), must a put some resistor to have the good impedance ?

I would like to make

CD player---->preamp (amp modified)------>another power amplifier or mixer...

Sorry for my english

Best regards
Fabien

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
fabinto said:
hello everybody

Can you help me to take the audio signal in my amplifier to an output RCA for just
préamp (no power signal).

My amp is

For préamp 2 X 6n3 tube
For amp 4 X EL84 tube

Where can i take the signal (on the two 6N3 ?), must a put some resistor to have the good impedance ?

I would like to make

CD player---->preamp (amp modified)------>another power amplifier or mixer...

Sorry for my english

Best regards
Fabien

It doesn't sound like this design has a dedicated pre-amp stage from your limited description. I assume the signal goes straight from the volume control right into the first stage of the power amplifier. The 2 6N3 are part of the driver circuitry of your amplifier - EL84 is a single power pentode unlike say the ECL86 which is a triode/pentode. You'd be better off building a little line stage for this application - a good diy first project IMHO.. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.