• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Circuit indentification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys, what this 6DJ8 circuit called, and is there somewhere that explains how it works and how good/bad it is, it drives (C14 .47uf)a 10megohm video buffer called a BUF03, I lowered the 10meg input resistor to 510k as it was flapping the woofer a bit at <1hz

Cheers George

Attachments

• cci00116x.jpg
    cci00116x.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 373
RFBRW get's the cigar for "id"ing first, yes it's a Counterpoint SA3000 that I snaffled. it actually has six in total BUF03's, 4 x in the phono section along with 2 x 6922's and two on the output along with 2 x 6922's.
I haven't tried the phono but the line stage sounds superb very powerful transparent tight and smooth. This is one of the best tube sounds I have heard.
I lowered the input resistor from 10meg to 680k because of wandering subsonic dc getting through the .47 cap , SY seems to think that maybe the bandwidth has been compromised now that I've lowered it to 680k. It was flat out to 300khz before, but I didn't check it after the resistor change. Still sounds like it's going very high in frequency.

Cheers George

Attachments

• e3b4_3xxxx.jpg
    e3b4_3xxxx.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 156
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.