Fisher 600 questions - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd August 2007, 03:15 AM   #21
anatech is offline anatech  Canada
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Eli,
I agree. Fisher was well designed. I do not think they played with the numbers or designed it in a way that was unreliable.

My Fishers and all the ones I've rebuilt sound great as well.

-Chris
Old 2nd August 2007, 03:31 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to akimball442
I guess what is shocking to me is that from what I am getting here, nobody has really seen this particular model.

Anyway, I'll take the schematic to work and scan it. My scanner is not behaving.

It's very large, so I'll email it to those who want it, it'll be two separate files, possibly 4 depending on how the one at work treats me. Feel free to reply here or email me with your email addresses. I will not get the chance to do this until probably Friday afternoon, or even early next week, work is hectic during the summer in the school bus business that I work in. I'll be on the road the rest of this week, at least.
Old 2nd August 2007, 03:43 AM   #23
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Aaron,
If I had ever seen one, I would have grabbed it. Many may have died unseen inside wood boxes.

You should see my 400-C preamp. There aren't too many of those around either. Doesn't bother me in the least.

-Chris
Old 3rd August 2007, 04:20 AM   #24
diyAudio Member

I have been looking for a unit like this for YEARS!~ But i have never been able to find the exact model.

When i was a kid my dad had something very very close to this that he built his own case for. years later i ended up with it.

The odd thing was that the Fm was mono unless you had the adapter, but the unit i had, had a stereo setting where Am was on one channel and FM on the other. I have heard from several people that is how they did stereo at first before multiplexing became the thing.

This looks smiliar to the unit we had. the knobs on ours were different and i swear it had meters instead of magic eye's. I have never been able to figure out what model it was however. My family has pictures someplace with it in the background. one day i will find those photos and scan them.

My dad said he got it from a radio station where it was used as a off air monitor.

Zc
Old 3rd August 2007, 04:25 AM   #25
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Zero Cool,
Yes, several early "stereo" units recieved one channel on FM and the other on AM. I have some like that around here. My MPX board for my Fisher FM 100 was wrecked when my dad kicked the 19 KHz transformer off. Never to be found again. I do have a pair of Eico demodulators for use with .... my Eico tuners. There were a popular accessory.

Also, would you please PM me? No parts yet.

-Chris
Old 13th July 2008, 08:47 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Hello,

I am new to this board: My name is Ben McOsker.

Just found a fisher ta600 in the trash. Looks to be in all right condition. Needs the 7189 tubes replaced. Also got a gz43 just in case.

I want to replace the caps and the selenium bias parts in this unit. Anyone have a list of appropriate new parts numbers i can use to start the process of getting this amp back up and running.

Best,
Ben McOsker

Hide this!Advertise here!