srpp input stage - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st July 2007, 05:17 PM   #11
nhuwar is offline nhuwar  United States
diyAudio Member

I am using the srpp as starting point I might change it I might not.

Right now Kevinkr is helping me design this amp sence I definantley need the help and he has been gracious enough to help me.

The tube it is driving is a 813 so there is a bit of capacitance there.

Nick
Old 31st July 2007, 10:03 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Re: srpp input stage

Quote:
Originally posted by matejS
Miles, can you provide more info on this circuit; I mean, some link explaining it, implementations and some sonic results - at the end this is what really matterrs (not the theory).
You can read more about it Here

Here's the conclusion:
Quote:
The bootstrapped-compound circuit offered the highest gain and a fairly low output impedance and a much improved PSRR figure. (Definitely a sleeper circuit.)
As for sonics, I'd expect that to be quite good, since the whole purpose behind this is to increase the effective plate load. The closer you can come to a CCS situation, the better the linearity. Improved linearity will tend to make the amp more "transparant" by reducing the extra harmonics.

As for myself, I would prefer to use an actual SRPP in cases where I needed the full push/pull operation. Otherwise, something like what I described, or a Mu Stage or Kimmel might make more sense.

Hide this!Advertise here!