• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

recording amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i am looking to create a simple class tube amp using a 6BM8.

i want it to be very simple, but modeled after the master volume models of marshall amps (i'm a guitarist). i want to be able to make is distort in variety of ways, i'm gunning mostly for power tube distortion, but the option of some decently high gain preamp distortion would be added value as well. i have a circuit for the speaker simulation, i just need the amp to drive it. could some one give me some insight on how to accomplish this? i have a basic knowledge of electronics, tubes are rather new to me. also, i'm not married to using a 6BM8, if there are other preamp/power amp in one tubes out there. i would prefer more of an el-34, actually, but an el-84 will work. a tone or eq control is not needed, as that will be taken care of elsewhere. i just want to create a transparent as possible micro-type tube amp, stripped dow and simple.

thanks,
-michael

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.