• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Does antone interested xxx PCB groupbuy ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I designing legendary of xxx but its was hardwired, I try for many years to completed it into PCB and now it was completed by my hand.

Please comment my PCB design

Thanks
analog guy

Attachments

• untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 631
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
analog_sa said:

This one is even worse than you think. I really can't imagine who would want a clone. Maybe someone who's already enjoying a Matis or Marantz 7 clone :)

:cheers:

My feelings about the merit of this design aside, I do feel that cloning other people's designs and making them commercially available to others without permission is akin to theft.

analog_sa said:

Not in the World of ANALOG

Whether the design is Analogue or Digital, it still a type of theft if you copy and in so doing, Profit by selling the copies....

Just look at the hookie DVD trade going on....!

Would YOU like to design something, spend many hundreds of hours (dot to mention cash!) modding, altering, refining to a point your'e happy with, only to find some cheapscate copying and flogging out YOUR design as their own, or even worse, saying that it is a 'Clone' of yours, and you get nothing out of it all....?--I think NOT!

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
analog_sa said:

Not in the World of ANALOG

Obviously a lot of this stuff is prior art, but copying verbatim the circuit of someone's product, and by someone I mean a company or individual who might reasonably be expected to lose revenue in the process, is wrong if done for commercial gain and without permission. Obviously ATT could care less if people clone the old WE91 and other designs..
:D

This is a particular issue for me as years ago I released a driver board upgrade for the Dyna MKIII which was if not unique certainly fairly original and a lot of my time, money and development effort went into it. Someone actually copied the board and sold it commercially while I was still in business. The only difference between this board and my own was the lack of my logo, and a couple of different branded parts. I sold about 20 pairs of the MKIII board, but I have no idea how many rip off boards exist.

My grand father used to work for G.E. many years ago when they were making tv transmitting equipment I'm talking in the 50 and 60.

He remimbers that when they were builbing a station one time they invited people from a Japanese company and they took a very strong interest to at the time a very new and state of the art amprex magnetic tape vtr.

Well to make a long story short a year later a mirror image magnetic tape vtr was being made in Japan I dont remimber if it was sony or fuji. The funny thing is Amprex gave them a vtr to take and basically free rane to do what they please.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against Japan they are world leaders in technology it was just the time. After ww2 they were rebuilding the country and they had to allow them to do these thing to make the country self sufficient.

BHD

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Copying a commercially available circuit and making PCB's for general sale and use without permission is flat out WRONG. :nownow:

Personally, I'd rather have a good circuit in an ugly chassis than a crappy circuit in a super beautiful polished one. Why would anyone want a crappy circuit in an ugly home built chassis?

:clown:

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
Copying is done everyday on a global scale, and it has been since time began.
The free-enterprise economy we live in has provisions for dealing with copying - you sue them. It's up to the owner of the copied material to make that judgement and to initiate legal action.

BHD

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
The free-enterprise economy we live in has provisions for dealing with copying - you sue them. It's up to the owner of the copied material to make that judgement and to initiate legal action.

No, it's the responsibility of the person stealing intellectual property to not STEAL in the first place. :rolleyes:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
MJL21193 said:

Yes, but we needn't encourage it when we run across it. People like me for example have no reasonable legal recourse because the expense of suing often far exceeds available funds, but the lost revenue is still significant and in a small business may be fatal to its success.

Disabled Account
Joined 2007
BHD said:

No, it's the responsibility of the person stealing intellectual property to not STEAL in the first place. :rolleyes:

One of the qualities thieves have is a lack of moral responsibility.

kevinkr said:

Yes, but we needn't encourage it when we run across it. People like me for example have no reasonable legal recourse because the expense of suing often far exceeds available funds, but the lost revenue is still significant and in a small business may be fatal to the success of the business.

Oh, I don't encourage it. Just pointing out the way things are.
Besides, I don't think xxx has anything to worry about.

There're somethings wrong !

It you know about xxx it was hardwired, I try to redesign in PCB model !

I thinks if you understand my concept you should type "YES" or "NO" only, some comment I don't know about selling to others because it only groupbuy

1 PCB for 20USD and 100 PCBs for 15USD in my quote you can see how many boards that I order to factory !

Thanks
analog guy

I'm conflicted on this. In reality, there's no copyright violation. There's no patent violation. There's no law against reverse engineering. On what basis should this be dumped, as opposed to allowing comments critical of the design?

As I said to one of you guys privately, spending time and effort to build a xxx design is its own punishment.

I'm sure in my idea

At the first time if I never told you that it's a xxx, How do do you know what'is it ?

Second time I think xxx never design them xxx in PCB mode, I can make my patent with this PCB but I don't need that way I want to share this PCB to others DIYER

Please understand me first !!!

Thanks
analog guy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.