• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Subminiature Tube & Tripath Hybrid Integrated

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Been looking around for plans for a subminature tube or JAN 6922 pre-amp stage followed by a tripath power stage intergrated amp (like the new Little Dot) to couple with my old Sony PS-F5 or Audio Technica AT-727 Soundburger and audioengine into a sort of anthesis of Ipod digital system. After searching, all I found was a kit offered by Audio Circuit. Any advice or thoughts on this?

Take a look at this thread, near the bottom of the page, there is a scheme I developed for a small low volts pre which may be what you're looking for. You can use a variety of tubes such as the 6DJ8, 5687, and even 7685 Nuvistors in there with fairly good results....

If you need a greater than 1V RMS Input capability, a 9v batt can be added between the earthy ends of both cathode resistors and earth, with its Minus to the resistors....This will give the valves about 20 odd volts which makes larger voltage gain/O/P swings possible...

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/show...perpage=10&highlight="tubaliser"&pagenumber=3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.