• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

psud2 question and Fi Primer's 211 circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a feeling that if a transformer is rated 370-0-37, I need to enter 370 RMS in PSUD2. is this correct?

If yes, read on!

I am somewhat baffled by the power supply on the 211 circuit from Fi Primer. http://www.simpletube.com/databank/SingleEnded/211_SE_6SN7_6SN7_10K.gif

how can you get 900+V out of a 370-0-370 secondary?

I tried modelling a similar power supply in PSUD2 (do not know about output current so I used 100ma) and the max I can get is 500+V and even lower output voltage at higher current.

any ideas?

thank you.

My reply came out too harsh. Sorry.

What i really mean is that using a simulation software is easy but often just wrong. If you open any basic electronic textbook you will immediately figure out that the PS used is a bridge rectifier and although the transformer has a centre tap, if not connected the entire denomination of 370-0-370 is quite pointless. It simply becomes a 0-740v.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.