• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Mullard 5-20 parts list

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,
I am looking for a complete part list and specs for the Mullard 2-20. I have searched the threads and found the list but it was in GIF format and I could not read the details. Does anyone have a list that they could post or share.
Thanks in advance.
Rob

Mullard 5-20

Hi,
Thanks for the reply - I have the schematic but am still having trouble with the component list. The article on the 5-10 is great and I can see that it comes with a component but I am still keen to get a copy of the 5-20 component list - I presume that it is similar to the 5-10 but I am not sure how similar?
Cheers,
Rob

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Old Colony books (AudioXpress)has republished the Mullard project book that contains the 5-20 design. It has all of the information you could wish for building an amplifier based on this design. I'd buy it..

http://www.audioxpress.com/bksprods/products/bkaa27.htm

(Ignore the contents description it was copied from somewhere else and is incorrect. I have emailed them to suggest they correct it. ;) )

Hi Folks,
Thanks for all the replies, I am overwhelmed by the helpful response. I have all the answers that I need. OK, here is the story, I am planning to build a stereo amp and I am tossing up between a stereo modification of the Mullard 5-20 or the Dynaco St70. I am leaning towards the Dynaco for a few reasons (availability of parts, looks slightly straightforward to build, minimal modifications etc) but I am in the information gathering phase at the moment. Anyhow this is my first valve project but I have spent many hours helping my father make valve amps years ago, hence the interest and I have very good resources – I work with our local rescue helicopter service and the engineers are happy to help me out. More importantly, I am keen.
I plan to post my progress as I go and I would welcome constructive criticism along the way.
Once again thanks for the help so far – I realise that you have heard it all from ‘newbies’ in the past but I hope to contribute to the forum with some (perhaps entertaining?) posts outlining my progress with a minimum of stupid questions and hopefully a working, well finished amplifier at the end.
Cheers,
Rob

Thanks Herve'

hd38 said:
Hi Rob !

send me an E-mail to hd38@free.fr and I will send you the Mullard BOM in PDF format.

Cheers,
Hervé
Grenoble

Hi Herve'
Thanks for all of the info that you emailed me (detailed circuit diagrams, parts list etc etc, over 11 megs all up!!) - it must have taken you some time to put all together - well and truly above what I could have expected. I hope thatI can return the favour sometimes.
Cheers,
Rob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.