• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Music Angel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
just now- looking at his (lampizator's ) schematics- seems that removing R9 is somewhat suspicious move........in that case driver toob will have grid floating.........

anyway - besides seeing it on mentioned site ,I have no any xperience with that amp ;

Mini....other impressions?

I have just seen the web page "lampizator", many thanks for that link. Yes that is what we get for a cheap amp!

I wonder since when that experience hapened and if the quality remain the same nowadays. more experciences on that amp are welcom.

"in that case driver toob will have grid floating". if il float on the right voltage, it coold be a normal DC coupling, then there is no nedd of the capacitor, right ?

and..I do not like it's PSU (voltage doubleur).

Best regrds,
Franck

If you like how it sounds, just keep it as it is. It could be a very good sounding amp!

I think that I will purchase one for a try, then I will may be replace the mu follower by an SRPP, increase the voltage of that stage togather with rebiasing the next stage, remove the zener.

Or push it in A2 class using an IT and a low impedance negative power supply. (845 gird current)

It does not mean that it will sound better, but since that amp is so cheap, it make sens to do some experiences.

Regards,
Franck

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005

Attachments

• main.jpg
    main.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 207
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.