• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

op-points for 27 pre...?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am asking for help in playing w/ differant op-points on my 27 pre. Mine has external PS slightly differant than schematic, but still retaining OA3's & running @ about 90v on plates. I have other glow reg tubes & parts to change things. The signal section is exactly as schematic except for running .47uf cap for now. I would like to try differant op-points & also wonder how to figure the battery bias for the changes. I am running 2 -AA NiMH's per 27 now. Also is it correct to run + to K & - to ground..? The Tung-Sol spec sheet shows a max of 275v plate & 90v Heater/Cathode voltage. I have a Lab grad dual output DC VIX supply that goes from 0-20v @ 2amps, & all variable if needed for anything. I bought that to experiment with DHT's, 26 & so on. Also the Tung=SOL spec sheet shows nothing higher than 11k plate resistance for the 27, why is there a 22k resistor on the plate..?Thanks for your help..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.