• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Ponderings on hybrid 300B

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Been reading through heaps of stuff on the net and on this forum, and I was pondering about the design and subsequent construction of a very high quality SET based on the 300B and 417A/5842. What I was wanting is to limit the use of transformers and chokes/inductors. On the two part reason to reduce cost and weight. So, here is something I have been thinking about:

- Regulated DC Heater supplies. Using 317T or similar.
- Regulated DC B+ supply (around 350~400V).
- Input stage (no volume control) 417A, with a CCS feed (ala Tubelab type design or the design from another thread ())CCS PCB Thread

Beyond this, I am unsure as to what would be a good design to complete the amp. Looking at the DRD, Angela, Audionote, Tubelab, Andrea Ciuffoli, parafeed, etc, etc, what are the various opinions?

Elements that I know are missing:

- Method of coupling between stages.
- Design of output stage.
- Further PS considerations.

If we take on the assumption that the speakers will be a reasonably high efficiency full range single driver around 90 dB+ and that the music will be a range of music, from classical to hard rock.

What are the missings parts of the puzzle? What are the various opinions and designs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.