fisher 800c intermitant hum - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th May 2007, 10:59 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Angry fisher 800c intermitant hum

No sooner do I get one thing fixed, than another thing starts to go bad. Lately my fisher 800c has developed an intermitant hum in the right channel. I have replaced all caps, I mean all electrolytics. I was told that plate resistors that are going bad can cause this?

Where would I look to fix this issue? The driver phase inverter tubes or the 7591 outputs.

Am I right concerning the plate resistors.? I swapped the output tubes around as well as the drivers and no change, so I don't think its the tubes. I checked the grounds and they appear ok.

Steve
Old 28th May 2007, 04:16 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Smile problem fixed

Found loose coupling cap at output stage. Sorry for hastle and unnecessary thread.

Steve

Hide this!Advertise here!