• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

C3m linestage

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Couple of C3m questions...

Hi,
I have a couple of questions re. triode-connected C3m if anyone could help...

1] Triode-coupled, what's the approx. amplifcation factor?

2] How do they sound? Specifically, compared to the Russian 6c45 or similar?

Many thanks!
Doc

bequerel,

to determine the plate resistance of any tube at any operating point, plot the operarating point on the plate curves, then draw a line tangential to the curve that runs through your operating point. The slope of that line (delta V over delta I) is the plate resistance.

Easy !

mach1 said:
bequerel,

to determine the plate resistance of any tube at any operating point, plot the operarating point on the plate curves, then draw a line tangential to the curve that runs through your operating point. The slope of that line (delta V over delta I) is the plate resistance.

Easy !

Thanks, I will print out your reply and save in my drawer.

C3m pentode linestage

Hi
I have built and using a C3o linestage, but operating C3o in a pentode mode. C3o is a 6.3V version of C3m.

Somebody else posted a very useful warning, do not remove the tubes after you have turned off, I usually wait for 30 minutes. I lost a few C3m's this way, before I went with C3o. When I had the C3m, I was rectifying it, with C3o, I have a/c filaments.

The power supply uses Hashimoto PT-100, with a Hashimoto Choke for choke input supply. Then I have 4 regulators - one for each plate and one for each screen. These are current sourced -- shunt reg's. I am sorry I cannot post the schematic here, 'cause it is a borrowed schematic and not my own. You can also use Allen Wright's SuperReg - two of them, one for both Plates and one for both Screens.

Please shoot me an email to sridhar.ganti@gmail.com if you have any questions. This is the best linestage I have heard/built.

I also use VH Audio 1mF teflons for the o/p caps and Goldpoint 50K volume control and Goldpoint selector switch.

Chung had posted a copy of this at vt4c.com forum also.

Thanks
ganti

I will try to attach the schematic in this post

ganti

Attachments

• current-c3m-linestage.jpg
    current-c3m-linestage.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 1,142
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.