• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6V6 line preamp

And here I am with perpetual OT. Sorry, George. Just for quick confirmation, are you happy with your scope? BKSabath here would have chosen otherwise if time traveling was invented.

I am happy with the scope, no problems. It does its gob. Also has a primitive signal generator, so you don' t have to buy one immediately. I saw what Sandro said, but I would not recommend a digital one as a first scope.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
And here I am with perpetual OT. Sorry, George. Just for quick confirmation, are you happy with your scope? BKSabath here would have chosen otherwise if time traveling was invented.

You won't get the real time waveform update, the low noise trace and the gradual shading that phosphor analog scope will give you from entry level DSO mind you.

Hi Stajo,

the ringing is more obvious at lower frequency.
Do you have any ideas what to do? An RC somewhere maybe?

You have to trace it first. Try a fat carbon on the grid is one thing to see if its your signal wire that goes antenna on some freq. For the OPT its usually not ringings in the low Hz area, they are much higher but they can interact on the lower frequencies.

You mean a cap from in to out of the choke and what range of values?

Jones makes a Y split with caps to ground over the choke. Filter chokes almost always rings at some freq but thats not so bad as when the OPT (which is the last filter choke in a way) does it cause you have no more damping after there. You might try with parallell caps from 10 pF up to, I dont know,.. a couple of nF to see if you can see differences.