• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6V6 line preamp

Fabulous. Does this say anything? 10 Hz to 20 kHz

Attachments

• test1.png
    test1.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 334
I will. I had to undress some belgian consultants by phone and down some beers in the meantime to not go crazy. Sorry for my bad concentration.

One thing about me: im unreachable if only telling me what to do, you have to tell me why, otherwise my cognition doesnt work.

So excuse me fot the dumb question but I have to ask: What are we looking for and how does it show?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
We are looking for a clean high signal line and low harmonics on a low enough noise floor. Something in the general looks of the attachment. That one comes from a KT88 power amp I did in the past. You can see the 50Hz hum level, the harmonics of 1kHz, the interference, the general noise level.

Attachments

• SalasKT88triodeTHD.gif
    SalasKT88triodeTHD.gif
    16.4 KB · Views: 311
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
We already see portion of audio band at -92dbV DUT/instrument combined noise floor (0dbV=1VRMS), -72dBV hum at 50Hz. You only got a 100Hz portion though. There is a menu that selects bandwidth, and there is a generator menu that selects test frequency.

I am very pleased with this. I have had the pleasure to learn instrumenting and measurments from master degree teacher.

I will continue my struggle, maybe I will ask you again. Thank you so much for your help Salas. You are the best, we (I) are a little slow sometimes.

We are here for the reason of getting and sharing knowledge. There is no better place.

Thx