• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6V6 line preamp

How does a loadline work as CF coupled? Is it the same way? Im trying to find my spot in life at 246V and I think it was 18,5 c to g measured.

Attachments

• Snap%202013-03-23%20at%2012_21_20.png
    Snap%202013-03-23%20at%2012_21_20.png
    122.6 KB · Views: 398
I didnt trust that I actually had 0,594 gain in this config or suspected my measurements as cuckoo so I did a test. Pico says 1 V out but no spec on that. The measure says 0,594 VRMS out when thru CF. If I connect Pico Gen 1 V out to Pico Scope it says 703,6 mV in. Thats a fraud. Some kind of mixup of p-p to rms I guess.

Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
FFT it and if high THD move your point regarding the DCR of your choke by adding some resistor to it. Can't be really CCS horizontal with a practical choke, it should go elliptical at a point and those charts are GE vintage so don't try nail it by just eyballing, better measure. Your PicoScope does 16bit FFT. Use expected amp output load.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Yes among others for 24bit audio card FFT. Lately mostly with ARTA bcs its balanced in goodness across several things. And I don't forget useful details by changing the GUI clues across programs all the time. Your Pico should be very indicative with 16bit also. Its not an AD797 super chip to test.