• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6V6 line preamp

well..I do have a toroid that I can use...

AS1T230
Electrical Characteristics
Outputs 4x
Power 100VA
Output Voltage Current
230V 0.22A
230V 0.22A
6.3V 3A
6.3V 3A

Keeping the choke load and dropping the resistors to 560 looks like I can still get there right?

Attachments

• cjk6v6.JPG
    cjk6v6.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 454
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
main difference is bidirectional nature of shunt reg

it doesn't mean much when we think of it - God ! , that stage is A class anyway ! , but when you put proper shunt reg , there is always difference in sound

positive , for these old ears

:clown:

edit - maybe - as solution for including the reg - is to leave intact just LC , toss everything after , and connect reg .

1440x0,046 will probably be enough of overhead

Last edited:
OK Gentlemen!!!!

I have SILENCE!!!!

Here is the PSU I whacked up tonight....It is DEAD SILENT now...ear to the tweeter silent. I tried the bridge with the allied xformer and the caps started to sizzle so I shut it down immediately. Have not tried the toroid yet since the first C in the setup is only good for 400V...I placed an order with Mouser today to breadbord up a proper PSU for it and use the PS1 for something else.

Thank you all for ideas and support here...this one was very frustrating...Salas, my friend, you called it from day one...CLCRC works magic on my setup.

Attachments

• cjk6v62.JPG
    cjk6v62.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 518
Yes, listened for a few hours and it sounded wonderful.

I am using the Russian 6P6S got a great price on a matched pair on "the bay".

I will pull out the broskie PSU and whip up this new PSU and hopefully put it all back together this weekend.

I think I have a 500V 47uF kicking around but I did not order one from Mouser yesterday...I still may play with which xformer to use which will dictate the rectifier style.

After 4 hours the little Allied xformer was pretty warm but not "hot". It is probably working pretty close to the limit though. I would prefer to use the toroid if I can, the heater winding has more headroom too.