6V6 line preamp - Page 16 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th December 2009, 12:36 PM   #151
tubo is offline tubo  Philippines
diyAudio Member

the same as the power supply you posted but with a ss rectifier. everything is cramped in a small chassis. once i finalized the project ill try a tube rectifier and see which one i really like.

ill try the maeda reagulator as soon as i get parts in. do you know if there is a pcb available for the regulator?

is the 100k grid to ground resistor i put in optimal for the circuit?what value does it really need?

thanks

ivan
Old 29th December 2009, 01:01 PM   #152
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

For a 6V6 no more than 220k I would use for avoiding grid current problems. In the 50k-220k region maybe your DAC can find a subjectively good spot? When ready, and anode load, current, B+, are final to you, ask me about a simpler simplistic shunt fixed for it. Much more spacious and natural in the HF than the Maida, more background info even, and far better than passive.
Old 29th December 2009, 01:21 PM   #153
diyAudio Member

hi salas,

thanks for all your help. i will definitely take you on that. it will be a while since im still finalizing my 6v6 music machine,shigaclone transport and ob speakers.

ivan
Old 29th December 2009, 01:24 PM   #154
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Just be lucky so your OPT load experiment will provide enough inductance as a choke so to really do better than the resistor, and for any reg help, I will provide. How do you like it acoustically by now with the resistor by the way? You use K-75 output cap or something NOS USSR like that?
Old 29th December 2009, 01:37 PM   #155
diyAudio Member

i haven't tried the opt as an anode choke yet. i can't touch it as im really enjoying my music right now. im using the kiwame 5k as anode loads and they're my favorite on that position. the output caps im using are russian 2.2uf k73 petp , and russian k75-10y. i really do like the the k75-10 for their more human tone and emotionality. the petps are a bit hi fi sounding which they accentuate the high frequency a bit but they also sound very good, very clean with gobs of detail and tight tuneful bass. i have a .1uf russian teflon but haven't used them as couplers yet.

Last edited by tubo; 29th December 2009 at 01:39 PM.
Old 29th December 2009, 01:57 PM   #156
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Use them teflons to bypass the K-75 green monsters. They make a very good combination for me in some experiments. They exchange good traits only.
Old 29th December 2009, 02:00 PM   #157
diyAudio Member

do you know which side of the teflons are the outer foils?
Old 29th December 2009, 02:02 PM   #158
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Niet. But some here have gutted the USSR teflons, maybe they will come up with the answer. Is it FT-2, FT3?
Old 29th December 2009, 02:08 PM   #159
diyAudio Member

its FT3...yeah ive read about that too.ill certainly look for that thread.ive seen it on some other forums but forgot where.

thanks
Old 29th December 2009, 05:44 PM   #160
Golana is offline Golana  United States
diyAudio Member

If you can translate, I think this is what you are talking of.
PTFE_COND

Hide this!Advertise here!