• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Dynaco Kits

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all. have a question for you guys. My current system is a jolida 502b, and klipsch rf7 speakers. my first foray into tube amps, and to my ears, sounds pretty good. i listen to different kinds of music, classic rock. jazz, especially like female vocalists. i prefer vinyl to cd. but play both. phono pre is also a jolida. anyway, i followed a link on this forum to a place that sells dynaco kits. i dont think im quite ready to build my own amp from scratch, but i do have good soldering skills, can read a schematic, and have fooled around with electronics a fair amount. my question is, how do these amps sound compared to my jolida?? Im looking at the monoblocks, mainly because of the power. my amp has 60 wpc and dont want to go much lower than that. i realize that sound is somewhat subjective, but would appreciate any input you care to put forth. thanks for reading. best regards, j.d.

J.D.,

Dyna style O/P trafos have a LONG history of being price/performance champions. No ifs, buts, or maybes, better O/P "iron" = a better amp. Jolida stuff has an OK, but unspectacular reputation. Modern "reissue" versions of the Dyna MK3 would seem to be a step up from Jolida. I don't have hands on experience. Perhaps sombody who does will speak up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.