• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

H. Olson's amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
from old " Vintage audio trader" site :

"..........MI-11401. Anybody have a real picture? I had to "
retouch " my bad photo-copies with ink, they were
so faint. These are not really very accurate in
terms of tone contrast, especially the furnace;
Only the top " band ' is dark gray, the rest is light
umber gray. The grill was brushed-satin chrome
The other cabinet is an illustration from an article by H.F. Olson and A.R. Morgan of RCA
laboratories from a 1950 (? ) Issue of Radio and Television News; A High Quality SOUND SYSTEM For the Home. Shown is the original LC1A, with smooth cone ( MI-11411 ). Also, the amplifier he designed to be part of the system. The first 45 rpm record changer is part of the system as well. This is a great article, in which he gives plans and instructions on building the cabinet AND a no- negative-feedback, directly-heated triode amp using one 6J5, one 6SN7, four 6F6 tubes and a 5Y3 rectifier in the power supply. A ten watt amp maybe. In RCA's Living Room Laboratory, sound levels averaging 80 dB were achieved with approximatly 0.050 watt input power. This means low power all triode amplification was more than sufficient. Olson states in the article that they were surprised to determine that a 1/4 to 1/2 watt
amplifier would give satisfactory results in the average room. 2 or 3 per cent distortion from the Amp at 90 dB did not bother him. Not from no feedback triodes. They sound sweet! "

I need any info regarding those amps............
schematic and few free OPT's will be perfect ........

:devilr:

ps. even if I can't find any DHT in list of mentioned toobz ......... ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.