• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

6AV5 spice model

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another spice model

Lately I ran across the specs for the 7695 tube, which also has a 50V at 150ma heater, but can do about 4 watts out, instead of about 1 2/3 watts from a 50C5. The 7754 is the 6.3V version. It's load would be 1100 ohms instead of 2.5K. Rp=7K, gm=11000umhos, G1 voltage=-11V, G2=130V, plate current 100ma. I haven't obtained any of these tubes, but they do look interesting. They are physically fatter, regular 9 pin miniature tube socket but wide body (like a compactron they made with a regular 9 pin pattern). I'd have to change the OPTs though.

Here's a 3f4 spice model:

*Vacuum Tube Tetrode (Audio freq.)
.SUBCKT X7695 A S G K
* Calculate contribution to cathode current
*the number at the right end determines sharpness of knee
Bat at 0 V=0.636*ATAN(V(A,K)/9)
Bgsg gsg 0 V=URAMP(V(S,K)*0.12-((-V(G,K))*0.68)+V(A,K)/290)
Bgss gss 0 V=URAMP(V(S,K)*0.12-((-V(G,K))*0.87)+V(A,K)/290)
Bgsg2 gsg2 0 V=V(gsg)^1.35
Bgss2 gss2 0 V=V(gss)^1.35
Bcath cc 0 V=V(gsg2)*V(at)
* Calculate anode current, grid line spacing adjust and peak plate current
Ba A K I=6.260E-3*V(cc)
* Calculate screen current
Bscrn sc 0 V=V(gss2)*(1.1-V(at))
Bs S K I=2.46E-3*V(sc)
* Grid current (approximation - does not model low va/vs)
Bg G K I=(URAMP(V(G,K)+1)^1.5)*50E-6
* Capacitances
Cg1 G K 10p
Cak A K 9p

Cg1a G A 0.75p

.ENDS X7695

Geek:

Thanks, the spice.txt file looks like the one that I had. I have a few ideas to extreme to try in the real world, until they work in the virtual world.

WA2ISE:

The 7695 sounds interesting, I don't think that I have any of them, but I do have some other "fat boy" 9 pin tubes. I can't find the numbers right now but I remember a video output tube and a dual dissimilar triode for vertical output service. Thanks for the model, if I make something in the virtual world, I guess I will have to find some of the tubes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.