Materials Technology for Electron Tubes by Walter H. Kohl - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Tubes / Valves

Tubes / Valves All about our sweet vacuum tubes :) Threads about Musical Instrument Amps of all kinds should be in the Instruments & Amps forum

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th April 2007, 04:22 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Materials Technology for Electron Tubes by Walter H. Kohl

This looks like it could be a useful book.
Materials Technology for Electron Tubes by Walter H. Kohl
from the Journal of Chemical Education 1952 pages 266-267

I found this looking through the JCE website at a library that has a subscription to it.

Look in the Audio folder here for JCE1952p0266_3-tubes.pdf. Its too big to upload to the forum.
http://www.4shared.com/dir/2077108/a...6/sharing.html
Old 25th April 2007, 03:20 AM   #2
ArtG is offline ArtG  United States
diyAudio Member

Funny you should mention this. I've had the 1960 edition with the title changed to "Materials and Techniques for Electron Tubes" setting on my coffee table for the past few months. When my college age son's friends come by, I tell them that I'm going to soon start producing KT-88s in my basement. I figure I'm safe, however, since none of them has the slightest idea what a vacuum tube is, much less a KT-88! But, it is a very, very interesting book to look through!
Old 25th April 2007, 10:02 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ArtG
Funny you should mention this. I've had the 1960 edition with the title changed to "Materials and Techniques for Electron Tubes" setting on my coffee table for the past few months. When my college age son's friends come by, I tell them that I'm going to soon start producing KT-88s in my basement. I figure I'm safe, however, since none of them has the slightest idea what a vacuum tube is, much less a KT-88! But, it is a very, very interesting book to look through!

Can you scan some of the more interesting parts and upload it to that Audio folder at 4shared.com?
Old 26th April 2007, 12:16 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Ah, in a word "no". PM me, though.
Old 26th April 2007, 03:31 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I'm getting this message when trying to use PM.

Your administrator has disabled private messaging.
Old 26th April 2007, 04:04 PM   #6
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Use the "email" button in Art's post. We don't have PM'ing installed.
Old 26th April 2007, 04:56 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Default Kohl book

I've scanned the entire "Materials and Techniques for Electron Tubes" by Kohl (1960). It is rather large (86 Mbytes) and I am on a 28.8K dial-up line, so emailing it won't work. I will see if I can get it up on Pete Millett's or Frank Philipse's sites. This may take a while, since I have to send them a CDROM. If you are desperate, I could mail you a CDROM.

In the meantime, you could learn a lot from reading the two RCA in-house books that I have scanned (books on loan from Ludwell Sibley): Vacuum Tube Design (1940) and Electron Tube Design (1962). These are up at Frank's site (http://frank.pocnet.net/other/RCA/index.html) and at Pete Millet's site (http://www.pmillett.com/technical_books_online.htm)

- John Atwood
Old 26th April 2007, 11:28 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Kohl book

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnAtwood
I've scanned the entire "Materials and Techniques for Electron Tubes" by Kohl (1960). It is rather large (86 Mbytes) and I am on a 28.8K dial-up line, so emailing it won't work. I will see if I can get it up on Pete Millett's or Frank Philipse's sites. This may take a while, since I have to send them a CDROM. If you are desperate, I could mail you a CDROM.

In the meantime, you could learn a lot from reading the two RCA in-house books that I have scanned (books on loan from Ludwell Sibley): Vacuum Tube Design (1940) and Electron Tube Design (1962). These are up at Frank's site (http://frank.pocnet.net/other/RCA/index.html) and at Pete Millet's site (http://www.pmillett.com/technical_books_online.htm)

- John Atwood

I can wait. How long do you think it will take to have it put on one of their websites? I have DSL and access to faster broadband at other places (ie. T1 line). I'll book mark those links and have a look at them. Thanks.
Old 27th April 2007, 01:41 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 7n7is
I'm getting this message when trying to use PM.

Your administrator has disabled private messaging.
Sorry, I meant to email me. I checked your profile, and your email address isn't available, but you could email me, so I can return it. I'd be willing to lend you the book, if you'll pick up the shipping cost, and depending on your location, there might not be any shipping involved.

Old 27th April 2007, 02:55 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

now, maybe someone could (e)mail some of this info to the new tube manufacturers like EH

Hide this!Advertise here!