• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

tubelab

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
George et al,

When you use those screw-down terminals, are you able to securely grip several wires of differing gauges simultaneously? I have not tried your idea, preferring tack-soldering for a secure connection, because I was concerned that while one wire might be securely clamped, another might pull out. But maybe I should reconsider if it works well for you.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Dmason,
I'm not West End or wevtt , the outfit you are referring to is a licensee of some of my designs and has a storefront on eBay. (No separate website)

My site is: www.kta-hifi.net

I do have all of my old books available through the wonders of lulu.com, but other than some consulting work I do from time to time and the articles I write for PFO I have pretty much ceased all commercial activity.

Multiple wires of similar size have not been a problem (solid or stranded). Multiple stranded wires of different sizes have not been a problem either. A fat stranded wire with several component leads works OK too. A fat solid wire with a thin solid wire can cause the thin one to come loose on some strips.

Look carefully into the end of the strip with the screw tight. Is there room for a wire to get in between the screw and the side of the hole. This is a problem with some surplus strips that I got. This is also why I use the smallest ones that I can find.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.