• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Which Hammond power transformer for Tubelab SE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I also have a plan to build TSE. Collecting parts for my build especially transformer. In George's site he mentioned for the top quality Xformer

Quality Output Transformers
Electra Print (Electra-Print.com High-Fidelity Audio Tranformers and Tube Amplifers) had two transformers that are useful in this amp, BE5KB (5.3K ohm impedance for 45 type tubes) and TM3KB (3.4K ohm impedance for 2A3's and 300b's). They were about $145 each, though Jack's catalog has changed over the years. Jack can also wind you a custom transformer to your specifications.

Do you or anyone have any experience if the Hammond 370EX you're using has higher sonic quality than Electra Print BE5KB that he mentioned ?

Thanks,
Tom

I can now recommend hammond 370EX 550v 144mA I have just finish myTSE 45 tube. the chocke is a hammond 158M 10mH 200 ohm ( test190ohm) C4 is 5uf. I get 296volt over R30 and bias the power tubes 28mA. Fantastic amplifier.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.