• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New SSE test stage and questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yay, I'm just about finished assembling my SSE. I built it with all the options: UL/triode switch, SS/Tube switch, CFB switch, and a rotary switch to change cathode bias resistor values. Is it OK to toggle any/all of the switches while the amp is powered on? Would like to do some instant A/B comparisons of the various modes if possible. Thanks!

No, do not change any settings with the power on! All of them can destroy speakers with loud pops. Changing some of the settings while on can potentially kill your amp too.
Unfortunately I also recommend waiting for the tube rectifier to be able to cool off between power ups. Tube rectifiers can arc over and destroy themselves if powered back on while still hot.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.