• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Headphone SE amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello

At first I would like to give thanks to George for his excellent projects which he shares to the enthusiasts wishing to repeat this or that scheme of the tube amplifier. About two years ago I have repeated his SSE amplifier. I used TAD KT88 tubes and Hammond 1628SEA output transformers. There are some pictures of it. I am very happy with result. The quality of sound has appeared above my expectations.

Now after reading this article Headphone Amp | Tubelab I'm thinking abou build of headphone SE amplifier. Well, for these purpose I have found this output transformer TRANSFORMERS FOR HEADPHONE AMPLIFIERS - model 9351. My headphones are with 250 Ohm impedance.

Unfortunately I'm not so good with schematic calculating, that's why I ask your help:

1. Is this transformer approaching to original diagram without any changes?
2. Using for example 2A3 output tubes, is it possible to reduce B+ voltage to reach less power for headphones output? 100k volume control also will be added.
3. I asked already about Sharp PQ5EV5 voltage regulator. DigiKey is not the best option for me. So, is this regulator ok for general SE project MIC29752 - Linear Regulators - Microcontrollers and Processors ?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Amp1.jpg
    Amp1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 242
  • Amp2.jpg
    Amp2.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 244
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
If you want to use tube amp you already have with headphones, i recomment little dividing network, just two resistors.
I built headphone jack into small box with resistors, and short cable leads go directly to speaker outlet. This way noise and hum is supressed too, and normal volume settings are used.
Audio Pages: Headphone amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.