• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Rectifier Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been having some problems getting my SSE up and running. I went through Ty Bower's checklist, everything was fine except for low voltage at pins 4 and 6 on the rectifier socket, they are roughly half of Ty's reading.

At pin 4 and 6, i get 234 volts ac, (no tubes installed), at the HV leads coming into the board from the transformer I get 412 volts ac.

My question is, I am only planning to use tube rectification, in doing so, I did not install D1 or D2 at all, was this a mistake? I also have installed a choke, Edcor CXC100-5H-200mA, could this cause a problem? I did not install R1

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.